My accomplishments as of today.
Associate Web Content Publisher | BigCommerce | September 2019–Present
- Supports content improvement efforts for SEO and website usability, as well as web publishing best practices (e.g. formatting, editing, technical/systemic considerations)
- Creates and edits content following in-house style guidelines
- Builds template-based web pages using Craft CMS
- Assists in building A/B tests for web pages and lead generation flows
- Assists in adding features and optimizations to the BigCommerce Blog
Marketing Coordinator | University of Texas at Austin, Texas Engineering Executive Education | May 2019–September 2019
- Worked in a dynamic team environment of educational program coordinators, business development specialists, marketers, and higher education professionals.
- Wrote and edited all social media and email marketing copy.
- Analyzed market trends to develop an intuitive brand strategy.
- Efficiently utilized marketing automation systems for social media and email.
- Compiled KPI’s and other metrics to monitor areas of need and improvement.
Editorial Assistant | Spartan Magazine | December 2017–April 2019
- Researched possible subjects for articles to capture inclusive, unique Spartan alumni stories.
- Wrote articles and small-length pieces for each quarterly magazine, which is distributed to over 500,000 MSU alumni around the world.
- Proofread and copy edited each issue prior to print.
- Managed the online text version of each issue to ensure accessibility standards were met.
Digital Content Editor, Editorial Team Member | ING Magazine | August 2017–August 2018
- Wrote and edited articles and blogs on a bi-weekly basis for MSU’s student-run arts and culture publication.
- Adhered to the in-house ING style guide and the AP Stylebook.
- Assisted with the monthly proofing process prior to sending the magazine to print.
- Managed the ING blog on WordPress.
- Led the website redesign initiative by designing a wireframe and developing a proposal to present to the magazine owners.
- Researched ING audience and readership metrics to improve engagement.
- Worked in a team environment with sixteen other writers/editors to foster a collaborative, inclusive environment.
Public Relations Coordinator | Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities | January 2016–May 2018
- Created promotional flyers, brochures, and website content to market the RCPD to prospective and current students, as well as donors and parents.
- Designed publications for award events, donor updates, and website/office use.
- Main contributor to the RCPD blog, covering unique stories on students, alumni, and donors relating to MSU’s disability community.
- Managed all RCPD website content through an in-house content management system.
- Member of the Alex’s Great State Race committee, focusing on PR and race coverage to communicate a touching message to the MSU and U-M communities.
- Participated in event planning for donor-related events.
Editorial Intern | She Reads Truth | June 2016–August 2016
- Worked directly with SRT’s Managing Editor and CEOs on a daily basis to assist in content and editorial calendar planning.
- Planned study books that were published under varying reading schedules: 1-week, 4-week, and 3-month.
- Copy edited and proofread every study book, adhering to the in-house style guide.
- Contributed to decisions on study book titles, daily content titles, daily scripture distribution, and introductory content.
SOFTWARE AND SKILLS
Copy editing & Proofreading
Web & Social Media Design
HTML & CSS code
Website content management systems
Adobe Creative Suite & Canva.com
Chicago Style and AP Style adherence
Copywriting & SEO
Social media management
MS Office & Google Drive
MSU COLLEGE OF ARTS & LETTERS
Founding Member, Secretary | May 2018 – Dec 2018
Editorial Team Member | Aug 2017 – Dec 2018
Independent study | May 2018 – Aug 2018
MUSIC, ART, & LANGUAGE IN BREGENZ, AUSTRIA
Study Abroad | July 2017